Whether it's your first time ever getting a spray tan, or you're a seasoned tanning pro, have no fear! Our comprehensive glo Guide will tell you everything you need to know before coming in for your custom organic spray tan in Beverly Hills.
1) Make sure shaving, waxing, nails, etc. are done at least 24 hours prior to your tan. After all, you don't want to miss out on the massage part of your mani/pedi! If you forget to make your nail appointment before your tan and simply must do it afterward, we recommend asking your nail technician to focus only on your nails (basically just the polish part) and avoid putting your hands and feet in water or using lotions.
2) Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate! This rule should actually be #1 since it's SO important! Your skin is the canvas for your spray tan, so making sure it's smooth and properly exfoliated will ensure that your tan goes on smoothly as well. We recommend using our Perfect 10 Body & Face Exfoliating Mitts. Gentle but powerful, easily remove your old spray tan with this scrubbing mitt. This mitt works 10x better than a loofa at exfoliating and exposing fresh skin perfect to use 24-48 hours before your next spray tan.
3) You have the option to tan fully nude or to wear your underwear or bikini/swimwear. Just remember, love them or hate them, whatever you wear during your spray tan WILL create tan lines! (we personally love them!) ;)
4) You can feel free to leave your jewelry on during your tan, but we recommend removing it if possible. Our studios come equipped with a space for you to store your belongings safely.
5) No perfumes, lotions, or oils! When you come in for your organic spray tan, it's important to make sure your skin is free of anything that might cause a barrier to the tan. We recommend waiting at least 24 hours before using any products and avoid rubbing the skin as much as possible and pat skin dry instead. Our Mile High Hydrating Mist is an amazing, spray-tan-friendly alternative for lotion. This skin-tightening, antioxidant-rich mist opens up the skin's elimination pathways by exfoliating dead skin cells to remove impurities including deodorant, makeup, perfume, and the daily grime, resulting In the deepest and richest color possible.
6) Last but definitely not least, we recommend you wear loose, dark clothing to your spray tan appointment, and up until your rinse time. After you are finished tanning, your skin will be covered with a layer of bronzer, which is similar to a light body makeup. The bronzer gives that "instant gratification" look while the tan is still developing, but will rinse off in the shower after your desired rinse time. Thus, if you're wearing a white dress, the bronzer will rub off onto it, which is why dark, loose clothing is the ultimate chic when it comes to spray tanning!
After Your Tan
Wear dark loose clothing; tight clothing or underwear may cause marks. Wear flip flops or loose fitting shoes.
Shower lightly in cold – lukewarm water after your desired development time. Use plain water, don’t use shower gels, scrubs, shampoos or loofah during the first 24 hours after your treatment.
Pat your skin dry. Do not rub or scrub your skin.
Moisturize everyday after your organic spray tan. Use our Golden Glo Glo Tan extender so the tan is continually being topped up and your tan lasts longer.
After day 7, exfoliate with a soft body polish or Golden Glo mitt on a daily basis, to help your skin absorb even more moisturizer and keep it looking and feeling gorgeous. This also helps the tan fade naturally, rather than in patches